Introducing Sports into a local community is quite important for several reasons. It plays a huge part in bringing people together having a social impact with developing a social centre and reducing crime and anti-social behaviour and at the same time keeping children active and healthy.
Encouraging people to get involved with sports can benefit individuals and communities majorly and contribute too many key factors including:
1. Increased activity levels leading to better lifestyles by keeping healthy
2. Helping children develop social skills and confidence through meeting new people
3. Improves children’s development from growth of bones and muscles to improved balance and co-ordination and even personal skills including cooperation and leadership.
4. Creating a social hub where parents and children can meet and take part in activities boosting community spirits
5. A reduction in youth offending and anti-social behaviour
6. A reduction in the fear of crime.
Outdoor Gym Equipment provides the local community with a fantastic resource to help them stay active and fit
Ensure no-one is left out when it comes to providing physical activity opportunities
Classic pieces of playground sports equipment go down a treat during both pe lessons and break times
Encourage the building of relationships in the local community
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport has reported on Understanding the Drivers, Impact and Value of Engagement in Culture and Sport and Quantifying the Social Impacts of Sport and Culture.
Their key findings included:
1. Young people’s participation in sport improves their numeracy scores by 8% on average above non-participants
2. Underachieving young people who take part in sport see a 29% increase in numeracy skills and a 12 to 16% rise in other transferable skills
3. Returns on investment in sports programmes for at-risk youth are estimated at £7.35 of social benefit for every £1 spent – through financial savings to police, the criminal justice system and the community
4. Unemployed people who participate in sports are 11% more likely than non-participants to have looked for a job in the last four weeks
5. People who participate in sport are 3% more likely to volunteer frequently
NEED SOME INSPIRATION?
We have already helped several local authorities and parish councils with their outdoor developments and we have received nothing but great feedback. See below for a selection of examples:
We have a wide range of products that can help improve your area and we are more than happy to come and visit you to assist you with any questions you may have and hopefully help you on your way to a great new outdoor area.